Bauer Media launches dating service Flirtify
Bauer Media has entered the online dating arena today with the launch of Flirtify, a socially integrated service combining a mobile platform with a traditional dating website, aimed at tech-savvy singles in the UK, Media Week can reveal.
Flirtify: Bauer Media unveils online dating service
Taking inspiration from the raft of web-based formats such as Match.com and eHarmony, and mobile dating apps like Grindr and Tinder, Flirtify will offer a "Who's near me" function, which uses Google Maps to link members in the same area in real time.
Flirtify's launch includes editorial content, a Pinterest page and interactive Twitter account, offering tips and advice throughout the dating journey. Other features include an 'Encounters' button, encouraging users to assign other members with a 'Yes', 'No', or 'Maybe'.
Flirtify is free to join and browse for singles, but to participate with the "chat" function and the site's full features, there is a £9.99 monthly membership cost.
Adele Simpson head of CRM strategies and digital marketing at Bauer Media, said: "Online dating is now not only a socially accepted way to meet new people, it's socially encouraged.
"Our target market wants an online dating experience that is convenient, can be used 'on-the-go' and is fun. In addition to this, consumers now expect brands to be active on social media platforms – they want a brand that they can interact and engage with"
Flirtify will receive promotional and editorial support from Bauer Media Radio Passion portfolio brands Absolute Radio and Kiss FM, as well as the entire Place Portfolio Radio station roster.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Shopper Insights Manager PepsiCo negotiable, Theale
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Data Journalist PRISM Highly Competitive, London
- CMI Director Ball & Hoolahan £95,000 + Car/Car Allowance , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Product Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Insight Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, West Midlands