Newcastle Brown Ale offers US population $1 bribe to follow it on Twitter
"Do you like money? Do you have a Twitter account?" asks an ad running in the US for Newcastle Brown Ale. If the answer to both is "yes", then the first 50,000 people who follow the brand on Twitter will be paid a dollar each.
A pile of cash and empty boardroom: Newcastle Brown Ale's tongue-in-cheek summer campaign
The 60-second spot tells viewers that the beer brand is "sending out money in cheques". "Who still uses cheques?" it asks. "We do. But that’s not important."
The ad then reveals in a mock-climax that followers will be sent a "full dollar" each, adding why should consumers "endure the unsolicited marketing of other beer brands for free when you can endure Newcastle's unsolicited marketing and get paid?"
The ad ends with the strapline "Newcastle. No Bollocks" continuing the brand’s "No bollocks" positioning.
Company: Heineken USA
Brand: Newcastle Brown Ale
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Digital Operations Macmillan Cancer Support £50,000 - £55,000 +Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Content Marketing and SEO Manager Lynda Up to £40,000, Central London
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Senior Account Manager The Great & The Good £35000 - £40000 per annum + great benefits , London
- Client Partner The Great & The Good £80000 - £90000 per annum + significant benefits, London