Newcastle Brown Ale offers US population $1 bribe to follow it on Twitter
"Do you like money? Do you have a Twitter account?" asks an ad running in the US for Newcastle Brown Ale. If the answer to both is "yes", then the first 50,000 people who follow the brand on Twitter will be paid a dollar each.
A pile of cash and empty boardroom: Newcastle Brown Ale's tongue-in-cheek summer campaign
The 60-second spot tells viewers that the beer brand is "sending out money in cheques". "Who still uses cheques?" it asks. "We do. But that’s not important."
The ad then reveals in a mock-climax that followers will be sent a "full dollar" each, adding why should consumers "endure the unsolicited marketing of other beer brands for free when you can endure Newcastle's unsolicited marketing and get paid?"
The ad ends with the strapline "Newcastle. No Bollocks" continuing the brand’s "No bollocks" positioning.
Company: Heineken USA
Brand: Newcastle Brown Ale
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £52,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Digital Acquisition Manager - Leading Online Biz GoodEgg Digital £70k + Bonus and Benefits, United Kingdom / England / North West England / Lancashire / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Search Marketing Manager - International Markets Search Laboratory £24,000 - £30,000 per annum + benefits , Yorkshire and the Humber / North Yorkshire / West Yorkshire / Harrogate, North Yorkshire / Leeds,...
- Marketing Communications Senior Manager Lloyd's of London Competitive salary and benefits package , London (City of), London (Greater)