The Entertainer hires former Holland & Barrett marketing boss Phil Geary
Toy retailer The Entertainer has appointed Phil Geary, the former Holland & Barrett marketing chief, to the newly created post of marketing director.
The Entertainer: the brand's website attracts four million visitors a year
Geary, who left Holland & Barrett owner NBTY last year to join Bounty, will join the board of The Entertainer and will be responsible for its marketing and online departments.
Geary spent 10 years at Holland & Barrett, holding a number of posts, including group marketing director of parent company NBTY. While there, he oversaw the development and launch of Holland & Barrett’s first TV campaign.
Gary Grant, The Entertainer’s founder and managing director, said: "We are very excited that Phil has joined us at The Entertainer. He is uniquely qualified for the role due to his previous achievements and experience within the retail sector.
"The marketing and online departments are two of the most critical functions in driving the future growth and success of our business, and I believe Phil has what it takes to accelerate our progress in each of these areas."
The Entertainer was founded by husband and wife Gary and Catherine Grant in 1981. It now has 89 stores across the UK, and a website that attracts more than four million visitors a year.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- MARKETING MANAGER - Fashion Success Digital negotiable, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Sponsorship Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing - SyFy NBC Universal Competitive, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager Direct Recruitment £26,000 - £32,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Direct Recruitment £35,000, London (Central), London (Greater)