Wayne Rooney hauls fish corpses in Nike's hilarious animated World Cup epic
Imagine a world of no risk-taking, Wayne Rooney hauling fish corpses for a living, and an evil genius taking over football with "perfect" clones that make "flawless decisions" but which have no flair. That's the world envisaged in a hilarious five-minute animated film for Nike.
"The Last Game" film opens in the favelas of Rio, capturing the colour, vibrancy and chaos of the beautiful game, before football's would-be nemesis enters the scene.
Cue a campaign to win back football spearheaded by Ronaldo and namesake Cristiano Ronaldo, who alongside a cast of international football greats set out to prove "there’s no greater danger than playing it safe".
Client: Davide Grasso, chief marketing officer, Nike
Agency: Wieden + Kennedy Portland
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £52,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Digital Acquisition Manager - Leading Online Biz GoodEgg Digital £70k + Bonus and Benefits, United Kingdom / England / North West England / Lancashire / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Search Marketing Manager - International Markets Search Laboratory £24,000 - £30,000 per annum + benefits , Yorkshire and the Humber / North Yorkshire / West Yorkshire / Harrogate, North Yorkshire / Leeds,...
- Marketing Communications Senior Manager Lloyd's of London Competitive salary and benefits package , London (City of), London (Greater)