TalkSport and The Times partner for World Cup
TalkSport and The Times newspaper have signed a media partnership around the World Cup ahead of the start of the tournament on Thursday 12 June.
TalkSport: teams up with The Times for World Cup push
The UTV Media-owned station is an official broadcaster for the World Cup. The Times will be the station's exclusive press partner for the duration of the event, in a deal negotiated by M/SIX.
Throughout the month-long tournament, The Times sports journalists Tony Evans, Oliver Kay and Matt Dickinson, among others, will appear live on the radio station to discuss the day's biggest stories and offer their insights into developments.
TalkSport, meanwhile, will run bespoke trails across its schedule as well as online ads at TalkSport.com promoting The Times' coverage.
Adam Mills, the sales director at TalkSport, said: "The World Cup is the biggest sporting event in the world for both fans and the media, and TalkSport will have wall-to-wall coverage from Brazil right through to the final.
"We know both TalkSport and The Times have the best sports journalists in the business, and by partnering we can give our listeners even more insight into everything that's happening during the tournament."
Nick Stringer, the director of marketing communications at News UK, said the partnership would offer football fans "unrivalled analysis throughout the tournament".
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Marketing Brand Manager Clipper Ventures Circa £40k - dependent on experience, South East England / South West England / Gosport, Hampshire
- Commercial Market Analyst UCAS c.£35,000 , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Senior Product Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (Greater)
- Customer Insight Manager Tottenham Hotspur Between £40,000-£45,000 per annum + benefits (dependant on experience), London (North), London (Greater)
- Sponsorship Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)