'Great' campaign helps British brands grow by £37bn
The UK's 'Great' campaign, which has championed British brands and culture from the Olympics to fashion, has helped boost brand growth by over £37bn.
Richard Branson: takes part in the 'Great' campaign
Brand Finance's latest Brands of British Origin league table reveals the value of the top 50 brands featured from the UK has grown by £37.3bn in the past year.
Brand Finance said the Government's 'Great' campaign has been responsible for highlighting the success of British brands, building the Briton's nation brand, and for "giving brands of British origin a platform to grow".
The league table, which this year has included the top 100 brands, has been topped by Vodafone, closely followed by Shell, HSBC, Orange and Tesco.
Conrad Bird, director of the 'Great' campaign, said: "The 'Great' Britain campaign's core message is that the UK is the most creative and innovative country in the world. These results add further evidence to that claim: the UK is also a world leader in marketing and brand development.
"The 'Great' Britain campaign already works in partnership with many of the companies on the top 100 list to inspire the world to do business, visit and study here.
"For example, HSBC, PWC and Land Rover were headline supporters of the inaugural 'Great' festival of creativity in Istanbul in May.
"We also worked with Mini and Burberry, as well as a range of smaller UK businesses, who may become tomorrow's great British brands."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Digital & Social - Dublin / London The Great & The Good In the region of £60,000 - £65,000 per annum, Dublin
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £70,000 - £75,000 per annum, London
- SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/GROUP ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - shopper marketing agency - London Judi Patton £50-65k dependent on experience plus benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)