'Great' campaign helps British brands grow by £37bn
The UK's 'Great' campaign, which has championed British brands and culture from the Olympics to fashion, has helped boost brand growth by over £37bn.
Richard Branson: takes part in the 'Great' campaign
Brand Finance's latest Brands of British Origin league table reveals the value of the top 50 brands featured from the UK has grown by £37.3bn in the past year.
Brand Finance said the Government's 'Great' campaign has been responsible for highlighting the success of British brands, building the Briton's nation brand, and for "giving brands of British origin a platform to grow".
The league table, which this year has included the top 100 brands, has been topped by Vodafone, closely followed by Shell, HSBC, Orange and Tesco.
Conrad Bird, director of the 'Great' campaign, said: "The 'Great' Britain campaign's core message is that the UK is the most creative and innovative country in the world. These results add further evidence to that claim: the UK is also a world leader in marketing and brand development.
"The 'Great' Britain campaign already works in partnership with many of the companies on the top 100 list to inspire the world to do business, visit and study here.
"For example, HSBC, PWC and Land Rover were headline supporters of the inaugural 'Great' festival of creativity in Istanbul in May.
"We also worked with Mini and Burberry, as well as a range of smaller UK businesses, who may become tomorrow's great British brands."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Digital Creative Manager UCAS £comp + 25-days leave, flexible benefits and other fringe benefits, including Xmas closure , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Senior Fundraising Development Officer Comic Relief From £35,000pa, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Operations Manager Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £55,000 + Bonus, North London
- Consumer Activation Controller Mast-Jaegermeister UK Limited Salary depending on experience. Additional bonus, pension, BUPA, life assurance, 25 days' holiday., Camberley, Surrey
- PR Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £35,000 + Benefits, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)