Linus Karlsson launches entertainment agency
Linus Karlsson, the senior McCann Worldgroup creative, has launched Ming, a new creative company offering design, technology and entertainment services.
Linus Karlsson, Tara DeVeaux and Brian DiLorenzo: launch Ming
Karlsson, whose the creative chairman at Commonwealth, the General Motors division at McCann Worldgroup and a former chief creative officer of the New York and London offices, will take the role of chairman and chief creative officer.
The other members of the senior line up at Ming include Brian DiLorenzo, the executive vice president and chief production officer at McCann New York and Commonwealth, as the chief executive, and Tara DeVeaux, currently an executive vice president and account director at BBDO, as the president.
Karlsson said: "We’re living in one of the most creative moments in history. We’re slowly transitioning off almost 60 years of managing messages to a world where doing things and creating experiences is everything. Suddenly, everything is possible. That’s how we feel about things, and that’s inspired us to start Ming."
Ming will be an independent business but will partner with Interpublic owned McCann Worldgroup on various projects. It will have its headquarters in downtown New York but will also work from the McCann offices in midtown.
In addition to his Ming responsibilities, Karlsson will continue to in his role as the creative chairman of Commonwealth//McCann and DiLorenzo will continue to support global production at the agency.
After starting his career in his native Sweden at Paradiset DDB, Karlsson worked at Fallon Minneapolis before co-founding Mother New York in 2003.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £65000 - £70000 per annum, London
- Category Manager - Herbs, Spices & Ready Mixes McCormick Ltd £ Competitive + Benefits , Haddenham, Aylesbury
- Account Director The Great & The Good £45000 - £50000 per annum, West End