Dyson, Amazon, Apple and Google voted most entrepreneurial brands
Dyson, Amazon, Google and Apple have been voted the most entrepreneurial of blue-chip companies by a panel of business experts.
Dyson: rated as one of the most entrepreneurial brands
The "Super Entrepreneurs" report from the Marketing Agencies Association placed the four companies in the double-A category, although no brand was awarded the top triple-A rating.
The next ten companies were grouped as an A rating and included Nike, Facebook, Samsung, BMW, Twitter, Adidas, Jaguar Land Rover, John Lewis, Virgin Airways and AkzoNobel.
Tim Bourne, joint chief executive at marketing agency Exposure, said: "What was interesting to the panel is the ability to build and maintain an entrepreneurial outlook, as companies grow big and require increasing levels of process and bureaucracy to manage size and scale."
Each company was rated in terms of the culture and belief system that allows entrepreneurialism to thrive, and the "physical tangible manifestations of an entrepreneurially focused business".
The results were then translated into a classification system starting from triple A, to AA, A, BBB, BB and a B rating.
The panel, who voted on more than 100 blue chip companies, included British Chambers of Commerce director general John Longworth, Chartered Management Institute chief executive Ann Francke, The British Council director of strategy John Worne, and Superbrands & Coolbrands Council chairman Stephen Cheliotis.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Retail - London/Greater London - Salary depending on experience Judi Patton depending on experience, Hertfordshire / London (Greater) / London (North), London (Greater) / London (South), London (Gre...
- Email Marketing and CRM Executive Brand Recruitment £23000 per annum + excellent benefits, Milton Keynes