Leo Burnett leads UK presence in Direct Lions shortlist
Leo Burnett is leading the UK's charge in the Direct Lions shortlist with three nominations.
Leo Burnett: 'second chance' campaign for Business in the Community
Leo Burnett’s ad for the charity Business in the Community, called "second chance", illustrates how prospective employers can write off ex-offenders in seconds.
The ad is nominated in both the Use of Digital Marketing and Public Awareness Messages sub-categories. The agency's other entry, for the Department for Transport’s anti-drink driving campaign is also nominated for Public Awareness Messages.
Publicis London has been nominated in two categories for its "fuck the poor" work with The Pilion Trust charity, which supports homeless people. The campaign includes a film of a man walking down a street with a board that reads, "fuck the poor".
The campaign is shortlisted in the Best Low-Budget Campaign and Charities sub-categories.
In all, 12 UK agencies have been nominated in the direct marketing categories, with OgilvyOne, Iris Worldwide and AMV BBDO making appearances for their work with British Airways, Adidas and Sainsbury respectively.
TBWA\London is also nominated for work with Adidas, while Adam & Eve/DDB has received a nod for its provocative "sorry I spent it on myself" Christmas ad for Harvey Nichols.
Ogilvy & Mather has received one nomination for its work with Expedia, Lida is nominated for its work with the charity Tourettes Action UK and McCann London is nominated for work with Momondo Group Ltd.
Rounding out the nominations are AIS London for "I wish my son had cancer" a campaign for the muscular dystrophy charity Harrison’s Fund and Wunderman for work for Microsoft’s Outlook.com.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £65000 - £70000 per annum, London
- Account Director The Great & The Good £45000 - £50000 per annum, West End
- Social Media Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000, London (Central), London (Greater)