Paddy Power 'locks up traitor' who bet on Italy in World Cup stunt
Paddy Power has continued its tactical World Cup campaign with a special build billboard featuring a caged "traitor" who had bet on Italy beating England on Saturday.
Paddy Power: runs World Cup 'traitor' stunt
The activity involved locking up the man, called "Tony", in a gibbet (a type of cage used to imprison traitors, murderers, highwaymen, pirates and sheep stealers in the 18th Century) that was hung from a billboard.
The billboard said: "Traitor Tony. Backed Italy with Paddy Power. And made a killing. It’s treason season."
The campaign was created by Joe Bruce and Kate Baker at Crispin Porter & Bogusky.
Paddy Power’s media agency is M2M. The innovations team at Talon Outdoor worked with Clear Channel’s Create division to produce the special build within hours of Italy beating England 2-1.
The special build was designed to complement the bookies’ TV campaign. Paddy Power is also encouraging people to take a photo of themselves with the billboard (a "selfie") and post it on Twitter using the #Brazilnuts.
Anybody want to bag themselves a quick £50 and a nab a selfie with this guy this morning? pic.twitter.com/fowd8FNXnW— Paddy Power (@paddypower) June 16, 2014
This article was first published on Campaignlive.co.uk
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Optimisation Manager / Ad & Campaign Operations Manager UCAS Up to £50,000 plus 30-days annual leave, bonus, flexible benefits & pension, London (Central), London (Greater) / Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- MARKETING MANAGER - Fashion Success Digital negotiable, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Sponsorship Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing - SyFy NBC Universal Competitive, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Category Development Manager - Leading FMCG Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£46K + Generous Car Allowance + Benefits Package, London (Greater)