Italian World Cup shirt owners get an unpleasant surprise as tops turn German
A "typical" European launderette, an offer to wash people's clothes for free if they've got an Italian football team shirt in the load - what could possibly go wrong?
For the Italian football fans who took up the offer, quite a lot. Media Markt, the German consumer electronics retailer, rigged the washing machines so that they could swap out the distinctive blue Italian shirt for the white uniform worn by Germany’s team.
But all is not lost: just like Shakespeare’s Twelfth Night, the ensuing footage is filled with hilarious encounters caused by mistaken identity, which are neatly resolved with the truth spilling out, everyone forgiving each other and laughing about the mischievous predicament they had found themselves in.
Brand: Media Markt
Agency: Ogilvy & Mather Germany
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Shopper Insights Manager PepsiCo negotiable, Theale
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Data Journalist PRISM Highly Competitive, London
- CMI Director Ball & Hoolahan £95,000 + Car/Car Allowance , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Digital Marketing EMR £60000 - £80000 per annum, City of London
- Group Head Marketing EMR £69000 - £70000 per annum, Jersey