Blinkbox launches Game of Thrones homage to promote Tesco co-promotions
Blinkbox, the Tesco-owned TV and film service, has launched its biggest co-promotion by Tesco and Blinkbox with a spot marrying the supermarket's Clubcard offers with 'Game of Thrones'.
The campaign, created by Karmarama and shot in a "found footage" style, promotes Tesco's Clubcard offer for points and perks for purchases of key titles from Blinkbox.
The first in the series of ads, by the creative agency Karmarama, takes a popular YouTube clip of a golfer being harassed by angry swans. It swaps the birds for fire-breathing dragons, inspired by ‘Game of Thrones’.
Sam Walker and Joe De Souza were the creative directors, while Simon Mackness and David Parker handled copywriting and art direction for the campaign.
Tim McCourt directed the ad and Matt Williams produced it through Electric Theatre Collective. Media planning and buying was by Arena Media.
The ad promotes the offer of a free 10" Tesco Finest Pizza and 1,000 bonus Clubcard points with the purchase of the complete season four of ‘Game of Thrones’ from Blinkbox.
It is the biggest co-promotion by Tesco and Blinkbox to date and the company said it marks a strategic shift towards "towards more regular loyalty mechanics".
The ad is also the biggest campaign by Blinkbox for a single television title and it will be supported by digital and social media, as well as direct, online and in-store marketing at Tesco.
Lisa Cheung, the movies and TV brand communications lead at Blinkbox, said: "Our new ad shows how Blinkbox can make great moments even better in surprising ways by colliding real life with movie and TV magic.
"We’ll be running a series of these ads to promote our great offers around some of the biggest titles on Blinkbox this year."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- MARKETING MANAGER - Fashion Success Digital negotiable, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Optimisation Manager / Ad & Campaign Operations Manager UCAS Up to £50,000 plus 30-days annual leave, bonus, flexible benefits & pension, London (Central), London (Greater) / Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Sponsorship Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing - SyFy NBC Universal Competitive, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater)