Kylie Minogue launches Pride Week's first ad campaign
Sir Ian McKellan and Kylie Minogue are among the celebrities who will take part in Pride Week's first ad campaign.
Pride Week, London’s annual festival celebrating the lesbian, gay, bi-sexual and transgender (LGBT) community will this week launch the campaign that culminates in the parade on June 28.
The drive will begin by launching social media and user-generated content to spread this year’s ‘#FreedomTo’ theme, created by Enigma. Members of the public will be encouraged to write their personal #FreedomTo messages on a large piece of paper and a share a photo of themselves and their message on Facebook or Twitter, using the hashtag.
Celebrities including Graham Norton have also created more than 150 messages to be used in the campaign, including McKellan’s "#FreedomTo be who you are and what you would like to be".
Submissions that catch the Pride team’s eye will be invited to a photoshoot where they will be filmed and included in animated panel adverts alongside supporting celebrities across London’s transport network.
Enigma hired Neil McKenney as creative director and copywriter and Matt McSherry as artistic director from MC/MC Creative, to work with it on the campaign film.
The director and producer of the film was Andrew Newman, co-founder of Enigma, which also produced the campaign.
In addition, Exterion Media will support the campaign by using its media sites across the capital’s bus and tube network to promote the campaign to Londoners in the build up to Pride Week.
From next week, the same media sites will display highlights of supportive Pride parties, galas and live events and this content will be filmed by attendees, edited by Enigma and then displayed on Exterion screens.
Meanwhile, London Live will take some of the user-generated content and create community profile films, to be screened during Pride Week.
On the day of the parade, June 28, Exterion screens will change to display the message "Happy Pride" and include geo-specific information about how to get to the parade from that specific station.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Marketing Manager Ibiza Rocks Salary: £30K-34K DOE, Based in London head office
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Senior Designer Gabriele Skelton Ã‚£40000 per annum, City of London
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)