Frantic stop-motion madness used in Gif-inspired Fiat 500 films
Robots, men with horse heads, exploding robots, a woman having her skirt lifted by the breeze of a passing car, a man in a fluffy onesie upside-down twerking against a car... these are just a few of the rapid-fire stop-motion Gifs in a series of weird ads for Fiat.
Fiat: weirdness reigns in ads for Fiat 500
The very quirky and borderline-disturbing shorts started life as a series of Gifs for Fiat’s Tumblr page but were so popular with Fiat executives that they were made into TV ads.
It is easy to see why. There’s something rather compelling about a twitchy sequence of a man wearing a horse’s head repeatedly removing his shades and thrusting his head at the viewer to the accompaniment of some suitably in-your-face tune.
"More space, more fun" says one execution, ending with the campaign line, "Endless fun".
Consumers will also be asked to take part and create their own whacky montages under the hashtag #MyFiatUSA, with the best ones being posted on Fiat’s Tumblr page.
Client: Olivier Francois, chief marketing officer, Chrysler
Brand: Fiat 500
Agency: The Richards Group
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Assistant Marketing Strategy Manager Thorntons £Competitive + Benefits, Alfreton, Derbyshire
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Innovation Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England
- Digital Marketing Specialist Colyer London £25000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Diageo Great reward package for great talent, Amsterdam / Dublin / Madrid / London (Greater)