UK bags two awards in inaugural Product Design Lions
Ogilvy & Mather London and Map London have picked up two of the nine Lions awarded in the debut Product Design category at this year's Cannes festival.
Amnesty International: 'freedom candles' campaign
The "freedom candles" work for Amnesty International by O&M London was also given the nod, alongside Map London’s "Kano kit" – a make your own computer tech product.
Just one Grand Prix was awarded in the category – for the G-Star Raw "raw for the oceans" work by FHV BBDO Amsterdam/G-Star Raw Amsterdam/Part of a Bigger Plan Amsterdam.
Overall, more than a third of the 26 shortlisted entries were successful in winning awards.
The UK only missed out on one award from its three nominations, after Native Design London’s "P7 mobile hi-fi headphones" for Bowers and Wilkins failed to convert its shortlist place to a Lion.
The jury was headed by Donghoon Chang, executive vice president of Samsung Electronics in South Korea.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Data Journalist PRISM Highly Competitive, London
- Head of New Media Department for Work and Pensions Salary £60,030 to £72,880., Westminster
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 per annum, London (Greater)
- Shopper Insights Manager PepsiCo negotiable, Theale
- CMI Director Ball & Hoolahan £95,000 + Car/Car Allowance , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Assistant Marketing Strategy Manager Thorntons £Competitive + Benefits, Alfreton, Derbyshire