Three great ads I had nothing to do with: Ian Armstrong
Ian Armstrong, global marketing communications director, Jaguar, reveals three great ads he admires but has nothing to do with in the latest in our series with Thinkbox.
Ian’s first two choices have been seen before in this series, a testament to these iconic ads’ impact in ad culture.
The first, "more than a woman" for John Lewis, is unique in that there’s no product overtly being sold. Instead there is a natural connection between the brand and lifestyle. "Our job is about telling stories…and this does in a very eloquent and graceful way that gives you this warm feeling."
The second of Ian’s choices is Carling Black Label’s "dambusters", a spoof of the 1955 film. This short ad features a German sentry turn goalkeeper during an air raid.
Carling ads are "Notorious for being clever and great, and this one does a fantastic job."
Ian’s final ad is a new addition to the series, Lurpak Cook’s Range’s "adventure awaits". "What Lurpak are doing for me right now is they’re recognising there’s an elegance to their brand… what [this ad] does is give you an attachment to something so simple as butter."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- SENIOR ADVERTISING MANAGER (MATERNITY COVER) notonthehighstreet.com Competitive , Richmond
- Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London