Slazenger highlights 112-year-old Wimbledon role in new ad
Sports Direct has launched a campaign for the tennis ball manufacturer Slazenger, as Wimbledon fortnight gets underway.
Slazenger: ad camapaign celebrates 112-year partnership with Wimbledon
The concept of the ad, created by Antidote, plays on the fact that Slazenger has been the official ball supplier to Wimbledon since 1902, a 112-year partnership, which the company says is the longest in sporting history.
The ad features a Slazenger tennis ball in motion on course for the baseline of a tennis court with the copy, "the focus of every point since 1902".
Tim Ashton was the creative director, art director and copywriter for the ad, while the planner was Paul Shearman and the producer was Stephen Yeates. Sports Direct bought the media itself.
Henry Chilcott, the managing director of Antidote, said: "Occasionally, an agency’s role is simply to shine a light on a story that hasn’t been told. Slazenger’s partnership with Wimbledon means that for 112 dramatic years, the eyes of the world have been focused on one ball."
The ad will run from this week on billboard posters in the London area, digital banners, in Sports Direct shops and on the outside back cover of the Wimbledon programme for the two weeks of the tournament.
Vincent Smith, the associate director of Sports Direct and Slazenger, said: "We’re very proud of our relationship with Wimbledon – at 112 years, we’re the longest partnership in sporting history – so we wanted to celebrate this in a simple and confident way."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £52,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Digital Acquisition Manager - Leading Online Biz GoodEgg Digital £70k + Bonus and Benefits, United Kingdom / England / North West England / Lancashire / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Search Marketing Manager - International Markets Search Laboratory £24,000 - £30,000 per annum + benefits , Yorkshire and the Humber / North Yorkshire / West Yorkshire / Harrogate, North Yorkshire / Leeds,...
- Marketing Communications Senior Manager Lloyd's of London Competitive salary and benefits package , London (City of), London (Greater)