Robinsons turns to Twitter to settle Henman Hill and Murray Mound debate
Wimbledon-themed ads are emerging thick and fast, with the latest one for Robinsons Squash'd concentrate featuring a mock battle to name the famous patch of grass behind the tennis courts.
The first 40-second ad, created by Iris Worldwide, called "#HenmanHill vs #MurrayMound" pits former British number one Tim Henman against Judy Murray, the mother to the UK’s only living men’s Wimbledon champion, Andy Murray.
The pair battle it out with tennis rackets in the Robinsons Squash’d challenge to name the patch of grass, officially called Aorangi Terrace, once and for all.
Tennis fans will be encouraged to vote for Henman or Murray in an online debate to drive social awareness of the campaign, with the winner announced on Friday 27 June in a second version of the ad.
The creative director was Andy Taylor and the copywriter and art director was Luke Renton, both of Iris Worldwide.
The producers were Cordelai Plunket and Fiona Campbell and the production company was Knock Knock, while media planning was handled by M/SIX.
Taylor said: "Robinsons Squash’d has become a true participation brand – its users are open and engaged in the content it’s creating, and feel involved in what the brand is doing.
"At a time when all Brits are talking about Wimbledon, we’ve been able to stand out and bring to life the product benefits in a relevant, different and yes, slightly comical way."
Henman and Murray will take on further filmed challenges in the grounds of Wimbledon to demonstrate their tennis skills, as well as the portability of Robinsons Squash’d.
Helen Gorman, the brand director at Robinsons, said: "After making Robinsons in space, we thought we’d take on another monumental challenge.
"Wimbledon is one of Britain’s best-loved events, and we wanted tennis fans to feel part of the competitive build-up in bringing together three of Britain’s favourite things: Wimbledon, squash, and Murray… or Henman, depending on whose side you’re on."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- SENIOR ADVERTISING MANAGER (MATERNITY COVER) notonthehighstreet.com Competitive , Richmond
- Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London