Hard-hitting Kids Company campaign rallies support for neglected children
The failures of the welfare state to care for UK children is highlighted in a grim, hard-hitting film for Kids Company, the charity founded by Camila Batmanghelidjh.
Kids Co: video highlights conditions lived in by neglected children
At its core is the"See the Child" 74-second film featuring a voiceover by a neglected child and accompanying shots of the conditions in which some vulnerable children are forced to live. It describes the food they eat, where they sleep and where they play.
The campaign, which breaks this week and was created by ad agency AMV BBDO and PR and public affairs agency Fishburn, runs in cinemas, online, radio, social media, outdoor and press.
It marks the first time that Kids Company has produced a campaign highlighting political failure to care for neglected and abused children, rather than purely to raise funds and general awareness. It aims to encourage people to sign a petition to change the welfare system.
The charity has created a dedicated website where people can sign the petition calling for politicians to overhaul children’s services so that vulnerable children are no longer neglected by the state.
The campaign was created without a production or media budget, with time and resources donated by companies including UK Lean Mean Fighting Machine, Mindshare, director Chris Palmer, Gorgeous, The Mill and Wave.
An estimated 1.5m children in the UK are suffering from neglect and abuse every day, according to Kids Company.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Digital Account Manager - Brand Accounts!! Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits + Great Agency Culture, City of London