Pitch update: Somersby, Sport England, Odeon, Hertz
Now, where were we? Ah, of course - new business.
Somersby: three on the shortlist
Things are starting to return to normal after advertising’s grand vacances – the Carlsberg cider brand Somersby has shortlisted the incumbent, Fold7, McCann London and The Marketing Store to proceed in the pitch for its £10 million advertising account. Fold7 launched the brand last year with a campaign that played on puns of modern technology – whether it will continue to go down this creative route(r) is unclear.
A few creative pitches have also reached resolution – and we’re looking at you now, BMW and Virgin Atlantic – with Sport England hiring FCB Inferno to create a campaign encouraging more women to take part in sport. FCB Inferno saw off competition from DLKW Lowe in the final round of a review handled by the Crown Commercial Service.
There was also good news for Stephen Maher on his return from the south of France – MBA has won Odeon’s digital and direct account after a competitive pitch against two other agencies. The process was handled by Creativebrief.
But for every winner, there’s also a loser – Initiative has lost its long-standing Hertz client after its media business moved to Mindshare.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Marketing & Communications Executive AF Selection Up to £25,000, Derbyshire
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Graphic Designer Â– Product & Packaging Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £20000 - £30000 per annum, Manchester
- Client Planner AF Selection £30,000 - £35,000, Birmingham, West Midlands
- Press Production Executive AF Selection £20,000 - £22,000, Birmingham, West Midlands