Pitch update: Somersby, Sport England, Odeon, Hertz
Now, where were we? Ah, of course - new business.
Somersby: three on the shortlist
Things are starting to return to normal after advertising’s grand vacances – the Carlsberg cider brand Somersby has shortlisted the incumbent, Fold7, McCann London and The Marketing Store to proceed in the pitch for its £10 million advertising account. Fold7 launched the brand last year with a campaign that played on puns of modern technology – whether it will continue to go down this creative route(r) is unclear.
A few creative pitches have also reached resolution – and we’re looking at you now, BMW and Virgin Atlantic – with Sport England hiring FCB Inferno to create a campaign encouraging more women to take part in sport. FCB Inferno saw off competition from DLKW Lowe in the final round of a review handled by the Crown Commercial Service.
There was also good news for Stephen Maher on his return from the south of France – MBA has won Odeon’s digital and direct account after a competitive pitch against two other agencies. The process was handled by Creativebrief.
But for every winner, there’s also a loser – Initiative has lost its long-standing Hertz client after its media business moved to Mindshare.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Planner - Internal Marketing Agency National Trust £36,000 - £44,000* per annum, Swindon, Wiltshire
- Campaign Planner - Internal Marketing Agency National Trust £27,916 - £32,500* per annum, Swindon, Wiltshire
- Assistant Marketing Strategy Manager Thorntons £Competitive + Benefits, Alfreton, Derbyshire
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Innovation Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England