Pitch update: Somersby, Sport England, Odeon, Hertz
Now, where were we? Ah, of course - new business.
Somersby: three on the shortlist
Things are starting to return to normal after advertising’s grand vacances – the Carlsberg cider brand Somersby has shortlisted the incumbent, Fold7, McCann London and The Marketing Store to proceed in the pitch for its £10 million advertising account. Fold7 launched the brand last year with a campaign that played on puns of modern technology – whether it will continue to go down this creative route(r) is unclear.
A few creative pitches have also reached resolution – and we’re looking at you now, BMW and Virgin Atlantic – with Sport England hiring FCB Inferno to create a campaign encouraging more women to take part in sport. FCB Inferno saw off competition from DLKW Lowe in the final round of a review handled by the Crown Commercial Service.
There was also good news for Stephen Maher on his return from the south of France – MBA has won Odeon’s digital and direct account after a competitive pitch against two other agencies. The process was handled by Creativebrief.
But for every winner, there’s also a loser – Initiative has lost its long-standing Hertz client after its media business moved to Mindshare.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Regional Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Regional Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Client Partner The Great & The Good £80000 - £90000 per annum + significant benefits, London