Andy Bird joins Brian Eno on judging panel for creative diversity festival
Andy Bird, the executive creative director of Publicis London, has been selected as a curator of the arts charity Noise Festival alongside Giles Deacon and Brian Eno, and will help to select new advertising talent for its autumn showcase.
Noise Festival 2014: deadline for entries has been extended to 6 July
At stake for the winners are potential collaborations with established creatives, work placements, mentorships and media exposure of their winning work.
The deadline for entries to the festival has been extended to 6 July. Entry is free and open to people of all ages.
Noise Festival 2014 categories cover 14 creative disciplines, including advertising, graphics, illustration and fine art.
Other judges on the panel include the architect behind the Eden Project, Sir Nicholas Grimshaw, the cartoonist Gerald Scarfe, the fashion designer Deacon, and Eno, the music producer.
The aim of the festival is to give aspiring creatives a route into the industry based on talent, whatever their socio-economic background or connections.
Bird Joined Publicis as its executive creative director in 2012 from Ogilvy & Mather, where he was a creative director.
After working at Bartle Bogle Hegarty, where he became one of the company’s youngest ever board members by the age of 27, in his early career Bird founded Soul Advertising in 2000.
Bird said: "Noise Festival is a brilliant scheme that is close to my heart, because there are too few opportunities for unearthed talent in the creative sector without the usual academic qualifications; and Noise provides just that. It is an honour to be involved."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £65000 - £70000 per annum, London
- Account Director The Great & The Good £45000 - £50000 per annum, West End
- Social Media Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000, London (Central), London (Greater)