Ex-Mars marketer Damian Guha rejoins company to head up Petcare
Damian Guha, a former Mars marketer, has left his position at Marks & Spencer to return to the FMCG giant as the UK managing director of its Petcare division.
Whiskas: part of Mars' Petcare division
He replaces Mike Gallacher, who will leave his position at the end of the summer.
Guha is Mars Petcare stalwart, having joined the division in 1995 as one of five people accepted to the company’s training scheme. He rose up the ranks from senior marketing manager of Whiskas to become a European brand leader, before becoming the marketing director for Petcare in Poland.
Guha left Mars in 2011 from his position as regional segment leader, chocolate, in Central Europe, to join Marks & Spencer as the director of its home department, before becoming the director of business development.
In his new role, Guha will oversee the division’s output such as the Pedigree Feeding Bright Futures campaign, which Mars chief marketing officer Bruce McColl told Marketing is "helping to make a real difference to thousands of dogs in the UK, and is a great example of an idea exploding and scaling across many mediums".
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Digital Marketing Specialist Colyer London £25000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Diageo Great reward package for great talent, Amsterdam / Dublin / Madrid / London (Greater)
- Digital Display Executive (fashion e-commerce) Farfetch Competitive + bonus + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Search Marketing Manager - International Markets Search Laboratory £24,000 - £30,000 per annum + benefits , Yorkshire and the Humber / North Yorkshire / West Yorkshire / Harrogate, North Yorkshire / Leeds,...