Gareth Bale signs for BT
Gareth Bale, the Real Madrid footballer, stars in the latest campaign from BT Sport to promote its European football.
The ad, created by Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO, features Bale talking about the clubs he has chosen to move to during his career. The Welsh winger played for Southampton and Tottenham Hotspur before moving to Real Madrid in 2013.
A voiceover from Jake Humphrey then informs viewers they should factor in the Champions League rights BT has from August 2015 when they are choosing their broadband provider.
Richard Connor art directed the spot, which is called "flashback", and David White wrote it.
John Petter, the chief executive of BT Consumer, said: "BT Sport is the home of European football and we are delighted to work with Gareth to reinforce this message.
"He is one of the world's greatest players and having helped Real Madrid win the Uefa Champions League final this season, he knows what he is talking about."
The ad broke during the first knock out games of the World Cup this weekend, in a campaign planned and bought by Maxus.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Optimisation Manager / Ad & Campaign Operations Manager UCAS Up to £50,000 plus 30-days annual leave, bonus, flexible benefits & pension, London (Central), London (Greater) / Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- MARKETING MANAGER - Fashion Success Digital negotiable, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Sponsorship Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing - SyFy NBC Universal Competitive, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Automotive Account Director - Advertising Spectrum 360 Recruitment £50k - £55k, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...