Gareth Bale signs for BT
Gareth Bale, the Real Madrid footballer, stars in the latest campaign from BT Sport to promote its European football.
The ad, created by Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO, features Bale talking about the clubs he has chosen to move to during his career. The Welsh winger played for Southampton and Tottenham Hotspur before moving to Real Madrid in 2013.
A voiceover from Jake Humphrey then informs viewers they should factor in the Champions League rights BT has from August 2015 when they are choosing their broadband provider.
Richard Connor art directed the spot, which is called "flashback", and David White wrote it.
John Petter, the chief executive of BT Consumer, said: "BT Sport is the home of European football and we are delighted to work with Gareth to reinforce this message.
"He is one of the world's greatest players and having helped Real Madrid win the Uefa Champions League final this season, he knows what he is talking about."
The ad broke during the first knock out games of the World Cup this weekend, in a campaign planned and bought by Maxus.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Digital Acquisition Manager - Leading Online Biz GoodEgg Digital £70k + Bonus and Benefits, United Kingdom / England / North West England / Lancashire / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Search Marketing Manager - International Markets Search Laboratory £24,000 - £30,000 per annum + benefits , Yorkshire and the Humber / North Yorkshire / West Yorkshire / Harrogate, North Yorkshire / Leeds,...
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Marketing Communications Senior Manager Lloyd's of London Competitive salary and benefits package , London (City of), London (Greater)