Camelot brings National Lottery brands under one roof with 'Play makes it possible'
Camelot is revealing a marketing strategy this weekend that aims to bring all four National Lottery brands under one roof, with the strapline, "Play makes it possible".
The campaign will bring together all four core National Lottery products of Instants, Lotto, Thunderball and EuroMillions, while linking the act of playing these games and the money then raised for National Lottery projects.
The campaign, which launches on Sunday 6 July, runs across TV, outdoor and digital platforms.
The ad is set to a poem, the language of which evokes images of lottery wins and the stereotypical purchases people would make: "A brand new home / A new set of wheels / spectacular pool / how does it feel?"
However, the images that run against the narrative instead depict the type of purchases that the National Lottery money has funded, such as a new Scout hut, new wheelchairs for disabled basket ball players, and swimmers diving into the London Aquatic Centre pool.
Sally Cowdry, Camelot’s marketing and consumer director, said: "This over-arching strategic campaign brings together the two fundamental elements of why The National Lottery exists – to week in, week out, create millions of winners and deliver millions to support National Lottery projects, which benefit the whole of the UK. The simple and emotive truth behind both is that ‘Play Makes It Possible’.
"Knowing about National Lottery Projects promotes positivity and has a direct impact on players’ participation in our games, so our new campaign looks to irrevocably bring the two together."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Shopper Insights Manager PepsiCo negotiable, Theale
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Data Journalist PRISM Highly Competitive, London
- CMI Director Ball & Hoolahan £95,000 + Car/Car Allowance , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Freelance SEO Consultant Major Players £200 - £250 per day, London
- Marketing Executive Adam Recruitment £28000 - £34000 per annum + benefits, Chester