Volvo readies global XC90 push to 'new generation'
Volvo is readying the launch of a major global marketing push for its new XC90 model, aimed at a "new generation" of car buyers.
Volvo: readies campaign for the XC90 model
The car, which is expected to go on sale later this year, will be the first built with Volvo’s new design direction.
The upcoming campaign, created by Grey London, aims to make the brand "relevant to a new generation of car buyers," the agency said.
The work intends to portray a more "sophisticated image, built on Vovlo’s unique Swedish heritage, demonstrating confidence and an unconventional attitude".
The work, which breaks later this summer, will have a strong focus on shopper marketing to encourage pre-orders of the new model and test drive bookings at dealerships. This will be carried out by the Greyshopper London agency, which rebranded from Dialogue London and became part of the GreyShopper global network this week.
It marks a change in direction from the brand’s marketing work showcasing its XC60 model, which featured Swedish House Mafia.
It showed the DJ trio going their separate ways following their decision to disband last year, which Volvo’s marketing manager Per Carleo said showed a natural connection with the car, which is "designed around people’s wish to get out there and leave everyday life behind".
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £52,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Digital Acquisition Manager - Leading Online Biz GoodEgg Digital £70k + Bonus and Benefits, United Kingdom / England / North West England / Lancashire / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Search Marketing Manager - International Markets Search Laboratory £24,000 - £30,000 per annum + benefits , Yorkshire and the Humber / North Yorkshire / West Yorkshire / Harrogate, North Yorkshire / Leeds,...
- Marketing Communications Senior Manager Lloyd's of London Competitive salary and benefits package , London (City of), London (Greater)