P&G signals the end of 'marketing' with major restructure
Procter & Gamble has signalled a major change to its business structure as it abolishes the term "marketing director" and renames the marketing organisation as "brand management".
Procter & Gamble: 'thank you mum' campaign
The changes are effective today and will mean the company’s marketing directors become brand directors and associate brand directors across its global network. P&G’s marketing division will now be known as brand management.
Roisin Donnelly, P&G's corporate marketing director for the UK and Ireland, has now been named the brand director for Northern Europe.
The change intends to "unify brand-building resources to focus on delivering better brand and business results, clarify roles and responsibilities to make faster decisions, and simplify our structure to free up time for creativity and better execution," P&G said in a statement.
Brand management as a division will now consist of four areas – marketing, now renamed as brand management; market research, now named consumer and marketing knowledge; communications, and design.
This follows P&G’s announcement in February that it would be restructuring its marketing organisation. The brand management function will be moved from its regional silos to be run out of the company’s global business units of beauty, health and grooming, family care and home care.
P&G said the move would create "single-point responsibility for the strategies, plans and results for the brands".
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Innovation Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England
- Digital Marketing Specialist Colyer London £25000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Diageo Great reward package for great talent, Amsterdam / Dublin / Madrid / London (Greater)
- Digital Display Executive (fashion e-commerce) Farfetch Competitive + bonus + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)