Mattessons makes Luis Suárez a tempting offer
Mattessons has published ads offering Luis Suárez a job as an official meat taster, after the Uruguayan footballer yesterday (30 June) apologised for biting an opponent during a World Cup match.
Mattessons: makes Luis Suárez an offer
In activity created by Saatchi & Saatchi, the snack brand bought a full-page ad in the Daily Star and published a letter from Christopher Owen, the meats category director, offering Suárez a job.
The humorous letter goes on to say that Mattessons has been inspired by the footballer’s appetite to develop a new range of flavours, including "Chelsea Right Back".
In addition to the letter, Mattessons also placed a classified ad in The Metro newspaper this morning that says: "World class biter required." It then goes on to offer Suárez a job specifically, and asks him to respond on Twitter if he is interested.
A host of brands including Snickers, Paddy Power and Specsavers have all posted tactical ads on social media referencing Suárez biting the Italy defender Giorgio Chiellini during a 2014 Fifa World Cup match on 24 June 2014.
Mattessons has already published several posts on Twitter under its Fridge Raiders brand, referencing the incident.
This is the third time that Suárez has been accused of biting an opponent during his professional career.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £65000 - £70000 per annum, London
- Category Manager - Herbs, Spices & Ready Mixes McCormick Ltd £ Competitive + Benefits , Haddenham, Aylesbury
- Account Director The Great & The Good £45000 - £50000 per annum, West End