ESI Media unveils 'one-stop shop' commercial content unit
ESI Media is launching a multiplatform commercial content unit that will span its portfolio, including the London Evening Standard, The Independent, i and London Live.
ESI Invent: (l-r) Batchelor, O’Donnell, Jones and Locke
Rhodri Jones, the former deputy editor of i, will oversee content for ESI Invent, while the group strategy directors, Matt Batchelor and Dan Locke, will be in charge of commercial activity.
The former ESI supplement manager Mark Burborough has been drafted in as the head of branded content.
ESI Invent will include creative, production and sales and follows the growing trend among publishers to provide a one-stop shop for bespoke solutions. All existing content partnerships will now be directed into the unit.
Jon O’Donnell, the group commercial director at ESI Media, said: "Content is a major point of focus for clients and we do content brilliantly well."
This week, Independent Print filed an operating loss of £12.3 million for the 12 months to September 2013, down 30 per cent year on year. Evening Standard Ltd reported a £1.75 million profit, more than 21 times what it made a year earlier.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of New Media Department for Work and Pensions Salary £60,030 to £72,880., Westminster
- Shopper Insights Manager PepsiCo negotiable, Theale
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- CMI Director Ball & Hoolahan £95,000 + Car/Car Allowance , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Data Journalist PRISM Highly Competitive, London
- Senior Brand Manager Diageo Great reward package for great talent, Amsterdam / Dublin / Madrid / London (Greater)