Carlsberg calls global Tuborg pitch
Carlsberg is reviewing the global advertising account for Tuborg as it looks to capture a greater share of the younger market.
Tuborg: most recently worked with Sid Lee Amsterdam, which was appointed to the business in 2013
The brewer sent an RFI document to agencies to invite them to pitch on a global brief for the beer brand. The brief is to create work that will attract younger beer-drinkers.
Sid Lee’s Amsterdam office created Tuborg’s most recent global ad campaigns after being appointed to the business in 2013.
The agency also handles advertising for the Carlsberg-owned Kronenbourg 1664.
Tuborg has been part of Carlsberg’s portfolio since 1970 and is positioned as a premium beer. In recent years, the brand has aligned itself with music. It sponsored the NME Awards and partnered with the online music publication Pitchfork.
The review is the latest in Carlsberg’s recent shake-up of its agency arrangements.
Carlsberg’s advertising roster includes Fold7, JWT, McCann, Saatchi & Saatchi and Santo. All roster shops can pitch on briefs across Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
In June, Campaign revealed that Carlsberg was reviewing its £10 million Somersby cider account.
Fold7 is the incumbent and helped launch the brand in the UK in 2013 with a campaign that poked fun at consumers’ anticipation for tech gadget launches.
The company reviewed the advertising account for the Carlsberg brand in December 2012 and appointed the Argentina-based Santo. The agency beat the incumbent, Fold7, and BETC in the final stages.
OMD handles the bulk of Carlsberg’s £100 million global media business. It won the account in 2013 after a four-way pitch. ZenithOptimedia oversees media duties in China.
Carlsberg did not respond in time to comment.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Regional Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Regional Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Client Partner The Great & The Good £80000 - £90000 per annum + significant benefits, London