Asos kicks off Euro media contest
Asos, the online fashion retailer, has launched a review of its European media account after the resignation of the incumbent, Carat.
ASOS: parted ways with the media incumbent, Carat, in March
Carat and Asos ended their relationship in March. Spokeswomen for both companies said they had parted "on good terms" but declined to comment further.
A pitch has now been called and is in the early stages.
The Asos spokeswoman said: "We are always looking into new initiatives and exploring avenues to future-proof our business."
In 2010, Asos appointed Mother as its first advertising agency. The relationship has since ended.
Carat created Asos’s award-winning "#bestnightever" social media campaign in Christmas 2012, which saw fashion figures such as Azealia Banks, Ellie Goulding and Charlotte Free appear in "shoppable" music videos wearing Asos clothing. Viewers could click to purchase the pieces.
In June, a fire at Asos’s main warehouse in Barnsley, Yorkshire, destroyed 14 per cent of its stock.
Nick Robertson, a former media buyer at Carat, founded ASOS in 2000.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Shopper Insights Manager PepsiCo negotiable, Theale
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Data Journalist PRISM Highly Competitive, London
- CMI Director Ball & Hoolahan £95,000 + Car/Car Allowance , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Digital Marketing EMR £60000 - £80000 per annum, City of London
- Group Head Marketing EMR £69000 - £70000 per annum, Jersey