Camelot launches first ad for all National Lottery brands
The National Lottery's new TV campaign showcases the good causes that benefit from the organisation's funding.
Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO created the spot, which airs on TV on Sunday (6 July) and is called "play makes it possible".
The 30-second spot shows children enjoying activity weekends, war veterans visiting memorials and people playing sports as a voiceover reads a poem. At the end of the spot, another voiceover mentions that the lottery also creates six millionaires a week.
This is the first time that Camelot, which runs The National Lottery, has released a campaign that unites all its products – Instants, Lotto, Thunderball and EuroMillions.
The TV spot was written by Paul Brazier, art directed by Stephen Stretton and Larry Dyer, and shot by 32 through Pulse Films. It will be backed by outdoor and digital executions.
OMD handled the media buying and Havas handled the media planning for the campaign. The pair have just lost their accounts. The business, which is worth £40m in total, was consolidated into Vizeum earlier this week.
Camelot’s most recent significant campaign was a TV spot ahead of the increase in price of National Lottery tickets, from £1 to £2. AMV BBDO also created that campaign, which featured a reworking of Gilbert O’Sullivan’s Ooh-Wakka-Doo-Wakka-Day.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Digital Marketing Specialist Colyer London £25000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Diageo Great reward package for great talent, Amsterdam / Dublin / Madrid / London (Greater)
- Digital Display Executive (fashion e-commerce) Farfetch Competitive + bonus + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Search Marketing Manager - International Markets Search Laboratory £24,000 - £30,000 per annum + benefits , Yorkshire and the Humber / North Yorkshire / West Yorkshire / Harrogate, North Yorkshire / Leeds,...