Samaritans encourages men to talk about issues with #DownNotOut campaign
Pop culture images from 'Rocky II' and 'Iron Man' are being used to convince men that they can be '#DownNotOut' and triumph over adversity, in a humorous digital campaign from charity the Samaritans.
The real-time, branded content campaign is aimed at men who think that the charity is not for them. Accordingly, its first phase does not carry the Samaritans logo, just the hashtag #DownNotOut.
One execution uses an in-police-custody mugshot of actor Robert Downey Jr, accompanied by the copy "First I was all like get your hands off me". This is followed by an image of 'Iron Man' and the words "But then I was like... dan dan daah", referencing Downey Jr's return-from-the-brink movie role.
Samaritans is working with Trinity Mirror on the campaign, which uses subtly-branded football, comedy and movie content based on the notion of 'DownNotOut'. It is designed to highlight to men that Samaritans is not there just for people in a crisis, but offers a listening service to anyone who needs to talk to someone for support.
The media owner is promoting the campaign content via its Mirror Football’s Twitter page, supported by a Mirror Sports feature on the best World Cup comebacks.
Agency: Arthur London
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Digital & Social - Dublin / London The Great & The Good In the region of £60,000 - £65,000 per annum, Dublin
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £70,000 - £75,000 per annum, London
- SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/GROUP ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - shopper marketing agency - London Judi Patton £50-65k dependent on experience plus benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)