Samaritans encourages men to talk about issues with #DownNotOut campaign
Pop culture images from 'Rocky II' and 'Iron Man' are being used to convince men that they can be '#DownNotOut' and triumph over adversity, in a humorous digital campaign from charity the Samaritans.
The real-time, branded content campaign is aimed at men who think that the charity is not for them. Accordingly, its first phase does not carry the Samaritans logo, just the hashtag #DownNotOut.
One execution uses an in-police-custody mugshot of actor Robert Downey Jr, accompanied by the copy "First I was all like get your hands off me". This is followed by an image of 'Iron Man' and the words "But then I was like... dan dan daah", referencing Downey Jr's return-from-the-brink movie role.
Samaritans is working with Trinity Mirror on the campaign, which uses subtly-branded football, comedy and movie content based on the notion of 'DownNotOut'. It is designed to highlight to men that Samaritans is not there just for people in a crisis, but offers a listening service to anyone who needs to talk to someone for support.
The media owner is promoting the campaign content via its Mirror Football’s Twitter page, supported by a Mirror Sports feature on the best World Cup comebacks.
Agency: Arthur London
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- SENIOR ADVERTISING MANAGER (MATERNITY COVER) notonthehighstreet.com Competitive , Richmond
- Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London