Metcalfe's set to release quirky debut TV ad
Metcalfe's, which was founded by one of the men behind Pret A Manger, is releasing its first TV ad.
Quiet Storm created the national TV ad, which is for Metcalfe's Skinny Topcorn range of popcorn. It's called "lighten up" and airs on TV from Monday 14 July.
The 20-second spot shows black-and-white footage of people dancing frenetically, before one girl gets too excited and explodes in a burst of popcorn. The ad ends with the line, "lighten up".
Metcalfe's spent £1 million on the campaign, including media spend and production costs.
The work was created by Trevor Robinson and Marysue Masson. Robinson also directed the spot through Quiet Storm.
Quiet Storm won Metcalfe’s advertising account in June after a competitive pitch. The company was founded in 2009 by Julian Metcalfe who, with Sinclair Beecham, set up Pret A Manger.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £65000 - £70000 per annum, London
- Account Director The Great & The Good £45000 - £50000 per annum, West End
- Social Media Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000, London (Central), London (Greater)