Gymbox hires Albion for expansion push
Gymbox, the London chain of gyms, has appointed Albion to handle its advertising without a pitch.
Gymbox: appoints Albion to its advertising account
Albion has been charged with overhauling Gymbox’s marketing in the wake of a £17 million investment round. The agency will seek to develop a new position for the brand ahead of its expansion.
Albion declined to disclose the value of the account.
Richard Halton, Gymbox’s founder, said: "At GymBox we’re a no-holds-barred, anything goes, diva-dancing, combat-training, melting pot of fitness. Our gyms are an experience, where groups of people come for the atmosphere and to socialise while working out.
"It’s great to partner with Albion to bring the fun reality of our gyms into our advertising and marketing, at an important time in the company’s development."
Karma Communications’ youth agency, Kid, created Gymbox's most recent campaign, which was released in January and showed images of toned bodies alongside innuendo strap lines.
The7Stars previously handled Gymbox's media planning and buying – it was appointed without a pitch – but the brand is yet to announce whether that relationship will continue.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Digital & Social - Dublin / London The Great & The Good In the region of £60,000 - £65,000 per annum, Dublin
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £70,000 - £75,000 per annum, London
- SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/GROUP ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - shopper marketing agency - London Judi Patton £50-65k dependent on experience plus benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)