Vevo renews advertising and content deal with Toyota
Vevo, the music video and entertainment platform, believes it is continuing to take media spend away from traditional broadcasters following a new seven-figure branded content and sponsorship deal with Toyota AYGO.
Vevo: Lyric Lines is part of content and sponsorship deal with Toyota AYGO
The 12-month campaign will deliver original content programme commissioning and sponsorship throughout the year across Vevo, starting with 'Lyric Lines', launched yesterday
A Vevo spokesperson said the new deal confirms the "continuation of big UK TV ad spend moving to Vevo's web, mobile, tablet and connected TV platform".
In 2013, Toyota AYGO ended its lengthy T4 Channel 4 sponsorship and shifted its advertising spend to Vevo. The first campaign #YNOT included a What's Hot weekend playlist looking at the hottest music videos each week, fan competitions, artist interviews (The Wanted, Kaiser Chiefs, Pixie Lott and Katy B), sponsorship of Vevo's inaugural Halloween Party and a surprise episode of 'Vevo GO Shows' with Example.
AYGO also sponsored several key premieres over the course of the campaign, including some of the year's most successful music videos by Shakira ft. Rihanna, Ellie Goulding, Katy Perry and Avicii. The campaign is reported to have delivered nearly 200 million impressions and over 1 million visits to the #YNOT hub on Vevo.
The newly commissioned AYGO-sponsored programme, 'Lyric Lines' which launched yesterday centres around tongue-in-cheek attempts by 21-year-old presenter Flynn Horne, using music lyrics as chat-up lines. Filmed in cities around the UK, the first series of 'Lyric Lines' comprises eight weekly episodes that will transmit every Thursday.
James Cornish, sales director at Vevo UK, said: "We could not be more thrilled to continue and, importantly, build upon our relationship with AYGO, which is a testament to the success of last year's campaign.
"AYGO's partnership with Vevo is an innovative and exciting example of a brand harnessing some of the hottest and most topical digital music programming to connect with their target audience. As the number one music video platform in the UK, Vevo is perfectly placed to deliver that."
Jemma Shaw, advertising specialist at Toyota, said: " The Go Fun Yourself campaign for the new car is a great fit with Vevo and we are especially pleased to be supporting 'Lyric Lines' and the other new content that will be rolling out later this year, as well as the activity around the premiers too."
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Digital Account Manager - Brand Accounts!! Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits + Great Agency Culture, City of London