Brands celebrate Germany's World Cup triumph
Brands including Adidas, Budweiser, Beats By Dre, Visa and Lufthansa have taken to social media to celebrate Germany's 1-0 victory over Argentina in last night's enthralling World Cup final.
Adidas: celebrates Germany's World Cup triumph
Adidas is particularly delighted with the events – it is the shirt provider for both Germany and Argentina, while its ambassadors Lionel Messi and James Rodríguez won the Golden Ball and Golden Boot prizes respectively.
Apple-owned Beats By Dre, which provided one of the most memorable pre-World Cup campaigns, took to Twitter to congratulate German goalscorer Mario Gotze, who appeared in the brand's recent campaign.
It also released an ad featuring Naomi Campbell revealing that Germany stars such as Bastian Schweinsteiger would be given complimentary gold-coloured Beats By Dre Pro headphones.
Other official World Cup sponsors, from Budweiser to Emirates and Visa, also reacted soon after the final whistle with celebratory messages. Nike, too, got in on the act with a Vine featuring star-of-the-moment Goetze.
German brands from Audi and Mercedes-Benz to Lufthansa celebrated their country's success, with the car marques playing on the fact Germany gain a fourth star to denote a fourth World Cup triumph.
The best extra weight we've ever carried! pic.twitter.com/qaknvITdGy— Lufthansa (@lufthansa) July 13, 2014
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Data Journalist PRISM Highly Competitive, London
- Shopper Insights Manager PepsiCo negotiable, Theale
- CMI Director Ball & Hoolahan £95,000 + Car/Car Allowance , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Analytics Manager | 3 months Contract Salt £350 - £450 per day, City of London
- Senior Account Manager or Account Director - Branding & Design Royds Raphael £220-£280 day rate, London (Central), London (Greater)