Coca-Cola most popular World Cup sponsor on social media
Coca-Cola has become the most successful World Cup sponsor on social media, reaching 85 million Facebook fans and having the most follows on Twitter.
Coca-Cola: grew its Facebook fan base to 85 million during the World Cup
Research carried out as the World Cup drew to a close over the weekend found Coca-Cola’s Facebook fans grew more than any other sponsor during the tournament, up by 2.5 million to 85 million.
Visa grew its fan base by the second-largest amount, followed by Adidas and then McDonald’s.
Coca-Cola was beaten to the most interactions with Facebook fans by the Brazilian bank Itau. Coca-Cola more than over a million interactions.
Coca-Cola’s Twitter followers reached nearly 26 million, growing by 70 thousand over the period of the tournament. The brand also had the most Twitter interactions including retweets, replies and favourites.
However, Adidas increased its Twitter follows by the greatest amount, followed by Sony and then Coca-Cola.
The study, compiled by SocialBakers, studied all the World Cup sponsors’ activity on social media.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Content Marketing and SEO Manager Lynda Up to £40,000, Central London
- Partnership Manager Movember Competitive, Clerkenwell, London (Greater)
- Head of Digital Operations Macmillan Cancer Support £50,000 - £55,000 +Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Senior Account Manager The Great & The Good £35000 - £40000 per annum + great benefits , London