W&K London raids Mother for Lion-winning creative team
Wieden & Kennedy London has hired Danielle Noël and Thom Whitaker, the Mother duo behind the gold Lion-winning "playin' with my friends" work for Ikea, as a senior creative team.
Whitaker (l) and Noël: created Ikea’s ‘playin’ with my friends’
Noël and Whitaker will join the agency in August. They will report to the executive creative directors, Tony Davidson and Kim Papworth, and work across Wieden & Kennedy’s entire portfolio of clients, which includes Three, Lurpak and Tesco.
Noël and Whitaker spent four years at Mother, creating campaigns for brands such as Ikea, Boots and Halfords.
The "playin’ with my friends" ad first aired in 2012 and won awards including a gold and a silver Film Lion at Cannes in 2013.
Before joining Mother, Noël and Whitaker spent two years at Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R.
Wieden & Kennedy’s creative department is due to change in September when Papworth, who has been the co-executive creative director at the agency for 14 years, steps down.
He will be replaced by Iain Tait, who rejoins Wieden & Kennedy after two years at Google Creative Lab in New York.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Digital & Social - Dublin / London The Great & The Good In the region of £60,000 - £65,000 per annum, Dublin
- Commercial Manager Business Centric Services Group Up to £45,000 per annum + benefits, Old Street
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £70,000 - £75,000 per annum, London