Ten things you need to know
Quiet Storm pick up Young's
Young's Seafood has appointed Quiet Storm to handle its advertising account, ending its relationship with Mother.
Time Warner declines Fox offer
Time Warner has rebuffed an $80 million takeover bid by 21st Century Fox.
Auckland joins ESI Media
Steve Auckland, the managing director of Metro, is joining ESI Media as chief executive in October. He will replace Andrew Mullins, who stepped down last week.
Leo Burnett nets NSPCC brief
NSPCC, the child protection charity, has appointed Leo Burnett as its creative agency ahead of a major campaign it will launch this autumn.
Trio bid for DAB multiplex
Bauer Radio and UTV Media have formed a partnership with the transmission company Arqiva to bid for the second national DAB multiplex.
Marlboro owner seeks agency
Philip Morris International, the company that owns the cigarette brand Marlboro, has approached agencies to discuss its social media arrangements.
ASA bans Jaguar Land Rover ad
The Advertising Standards Authority has banned Spark44 London’s Jaguar Land Rover ad starring the actor Tom Hiddleston for encouraging drivers to behave irresponsibly.
Coke was best on social media
Coca-Cola was the most successful World Cup sponsor on social media, reaching 85 million Facebook fans and having the most followers on Twitter.
IPA awards entries announced
Campaigns for brands including The Lego Movie, Specsavers, KitKat, Virgin Trains, BT, McDonald’s and O2 are among the 70 entries for the biennial IPA Effectiveness Awards, which will be held on 27 October.
Betfred replaces incumbent
Betfred has appointed Brothers and Sisters to its £5 million creative account after a competitive pitch organised by Creativebrief, replacing the incumbent, BJL.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Head of Marketing - Travel. Better Placed Recruitment £80000 per annum + Car + bonus + Benefits , Leeds