Industry boosted by rising adspend
Main media advertising and internet marketing are driving the continued rise in marketing budgets, according to the latest IPA Bellwether Report.
IPA Bellwether Report: longest period of continuous growth in its history
A net balance of 11.5 per cent of companies said they had increased their main media advertising budgets (which include TV, mobile film, press, radio, cinema, outdoor and some online channels) during the second quarter of 2014. Meanwhile, internet marketing reported the biggest net balance of 14.7 per cent.
Marketing budgets have been revised upwards for the seventh successive quarter, the longest period of continuous growth in the report’s history.
A net balance of 15.2 per cent of companies said they had increased budgets during Q2. Although down on the Q1 survey record of 20.4 per cent, it is the second-highest figure recorded in 14 years.
The study calculates the net balance by subtracting the percentage of companies reporting a downward revision from those registering an upward one.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Marketing Manager Ibiza Rocks Salary: £30K-34K DOE, Based in London head office
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Senior Designer Gabriele Skelton Ã‚£40000 per annum, City of London
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)