Amazon Kindle Unlimited subscription service plans leaked
Amazon appears to be nearing the launch of a subscription service that will allow consumers to sign up for an unlimited number of downloadable Kindle e-books and audio books in return for a monthly fee.
Kindle Unlimited: details were leaked online before being retracted by Amazon
Dubbed Kindle Unlimited, details of the new service were leaked online and initially reported by GigaOm before Amazon retracted the details, although an image of the site is still available on Google.
Priced at $9.99 (£5.80) a month, Kindle Unlimited works in a similar way to film and TV subscription service Netflix. It covers 600,000 titles, including hits like Yann Martel’s ‘Life of Pi’, ‘The Lord of the Rings’ trilogy, ’The Hunger Games’ and JK Rowling’s ‘Harry Potter’ saga.
GigaOm has also posted a leaked promotional video for the Amazon service on its YouTube channel.
The leaked page described the service as giving customers the "freedom to explore", adding: "Enjoy unlimited access to over 600,000 titles and thousands of audiobooks on any device for just $9.99 a month".
Amazon Prime members can currently borrow one e-book per month.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Digital Creative Manager UCAS £comp + 25-days leave, flexible benefits and other fringe benefits, including Xmas closure , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Digital Media Manager Save the Children £37,000 + Benefits, London (Greater)
- Consumer Activation Controller Mast-Jaegermeister UK Limited Salary depending on experience. Additional bonus, pension, BUPA, life assurance, 25 days' holiday., Camberley, Surrey
- PR Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £35,000 + Benefits, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Marketing Executive Ninesharp £110 - £125 per day, Wallingford