Amazon Kindle Unlimited subscription service plans leaked
Amazon appears to be nearing the launch of a subscription service that will allow consumers to sign up for an unlimited number of downloadable Kindle e-books and audio books in return for a monthly fee.
Kindle Unlimited: details were leaked online before being retracted by Amazon
Dubbed Kindle Unlimited, details of the new service were leaked online and initially reported by GigaOm before Amazon retracted the details, although an image of the site is still available on Google.
Priced at $9.99 (£5.80) a month, Kindle Unlimited works in a similar way to film and TV subscription service Netflix. It covers 600,000 titles, including hits like Yann Martel’s ‘Life of Pi’, ‘The Lord of the Rings’ trilogy, ’The Hunger Games’ and JK Rowling’s ‘Harry Potter’ saga.
GigaOm has also posted a leaked promotional video for the Amazon service on its YouTube channel.
The leaked page described the service as giving customers the "freedom to explore", adding: "Enjoy unlimited access to over 600,000 titles and thousands of audiobooks on any device for just $9.99 a month".
Amazon Prime members can currently borrow one e-book per month.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Digital & Social - Dublin / London The Great & The Good In the region of £60,000 - £65,000 per annum, Dublin
- Commercial Manager Business Centric Services Group Up to £45,000 per annum + benefits, Old Street
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)