McCann picked to resurrect Homepride's Fred
Premier Foods has picked McCann London to bring the Homepride brand mascot, Fred, back to TV advertising.
McCann: will revive Homepride's Fred character
McCann, which was appointed to Premier Foods’ roster in 2007, was given the £2.3 million Homepride brief without a pitch. The agency will be tasked with re-inventing the bowler-hatted Fred for modern audiences.
Fred has been away from TV screens for seven years. His return comes as sales at Premier Foods dropped 6.1 per cent to £364.4 million for the first half of 2014.
Premier Foods is also releasing a TV and social campaign for Mr Kipling in the second half of the year as part of a sustained marketing assault.
Zaid Al Zaidy, the chief executive of McCann London, said: "The time is right to celebrate Homepride as the iconic British brand that it is. Premier Foods is a bastion of market-leading grocery products that are firm family favourites; adorning the cupboards and dinner tables across the length and breadth of the UK.
"Fred is an awesome character to build a campaign around and the work we have planned is set to showcase the personality of this much-loved product in a dynamic, fun way that will shake up the sector."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Marketing Manager - Entertainments Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance , South East England
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Retail - London/Greater London - Salary depending on experience Judi Patton depending on experience, Hertfordshire / London (Greater) / London (North), London (Greater) / London (South), London (Gre...