Radio Times: 50 years of Doctor Who covers
Doctor Who series eight hits screens next month. Take a nostalgic look at some of the Radio Times magazine covers that have featured The Doctor in the past 50 years.
Radio Times has so far released 51 issues of the magazine with Doctor Who on the cover.
The first, from November 1964, featured William Hartnell, the first actor to play the Doctor in the long-running BBC sci-fi show. The most recent featured incoming Doctor, Peter Capaldi, in May.
Radio Times’ 2005 Vote Dalek! cover was named the Cover of the Century by the Professional Publishers Association last year, after winning a the public vote.
The magazine used to be owned by the BBC’s commercial arm BBC Worldwide and is now part of Immediate Media. It will celebrate the next series launch on 23 August with an interview with Capaldi.
The Radio Times website also has a Doctor Who mini-site, with news, reviews and interviews, as well as a complete episode guide for every series of the show.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Digital & Social - Dublin / London The Great & The Good In the region of £60,000 - £65,000 per annum, Dublin
- Commercial Manager Business Centric Services Group Up to £45,000 per annum + benefits, Old Street
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)