Mulberry ties with WeChat to get closer to Chinese consumers
The luxury leather brand has partnered with social media outfit Hot Pot Digital, its lead digital agency in China, to create a richer digital experience through the launch of a WeChat account.
Mulberry: creates WeChat account to get closer to Chinese consumers
The WeChat account allows users to explore Mulberry's collection of iconic leather goods and new products on regional social media channels, providing exclusive rich content unavailable on other channels.
Mulberry launched on Weibo last year as a first step into the Chinese social media world. The brand says creating a WeChat account was a logical next step.
Anne-Marie Verdin, brand director at Mulberry said: "We are constantly looking for new platforms to communicate the depth and breadth of the Mulberry brand and tell the Mulberry story to our consumers.
"WeChat's advanced functionality and prominence in the daily lives of consumers means this will be a central tool to communicate with our audience in China and continue to amplify our brand storytelling."
Hot Pot Digital's managing director Jonathan Smith said launching WeChat was a natural progression for Mulberry and there are "exciting plans" in the pipeline for the WeChat account.
Mulberry's move mirrors that of its rival Burberry, which partnered with WeChat earlier this year to tap into its growing Chinese consumer base and further establish itself on the growing international platform.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Shopper Insights Manager PepsiCo negotiable, Theale
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Data Journalist PRISM Highly Competitive, London
- CMI Director Ball & Hoolahan £95,000 + Car/Car Allowance , London (Central), London (Greater)
- SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER - STRATEGIC CREATIVE B2B AGENCY Live Recruitment £32000 - £40000 per annum, Richmond upon Thames
- Senior Brand Manager - EMEA Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 per annum, West Midlands