McDonald's marks 40 years with charity ad
McDonald's UK is tonight launching the first ad in its 'Here's to What Matters' campaign, focusing on its charity work.
The first ad, "dad’s voice" airs tonight (25 July) on ITV during Coronation Street and focuses on McDonald’s support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities, which provide accommodation near hospitals that allow parents to stay close to their sick kids.
The 60-second spot was created by Leo Burnett London, which has also created print, digital PR and social media executions as part of the campaign, which coincides with fast food giant's 40th anniversary since launching in the UK.
The work was written by Jon Fox, art directed by Rik Brown and directed by Joshua Neale through Smuggler.
Alistair Macrow, McDonald’s UK’s senior vice president and chief marketing officer said: "‘Here’s to what matters’ marks a significant step change – not in what we do, but in how we talk about what we do.
"Our customers don’t always think about why we do things … like giving out children’s books in Happy Meals or sourcing our ingredients from British and Irish farmers.
"So we’re going to bring together all these individual actions into a joined-up campaign to help people understand the bigger picture – what McDonald’s is all about and show the difference that we make to people’s lives."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Digital Creative Manager UCAS £comp + 25-days leave, flexible benefits and other fringe benefits, including Xmas closure , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Senior Fundraising Development Officer Comic Relief From £35,000pa, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Operations Manager Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £55,000 + Bonus, North London
- Consumer Activation Controller Mast-Jaegermeister UK Limited Salary depending on experience. Additional bonus, pension, BUPA, life assurance, 25 days' holiday., Camberley, Surrey
- PR Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £35,000 + Benefits, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)