Dawson Pickering hires VCCP O2 lead Dudley Desborough as managing director
Creative start-up Dawson Pickering has appointed Dudley Desborough as managing director.
Neil Dawson: co-founder of Dawson Pickering
He will also become a partner in the agency that was launched by BETC London's former executive creative director Neil Dawson and the former head of copy, Clive Pickering.
Desborough and Dawson had previously worked together for three years at DDB, where they ran the global Philips electronics business.
Dawson said: "Dudley cut his teeth on Volkswagen at DDB and was hugely liked and respected. He was a natural fit for Clive and I, as he's calm, methodical and has a no-nonsense approach to the business."
Desborough joins the agency from VCCP where he led the O2 account. Prior to that he was at Sid Lee, where he was head of account management and led the global Adidas business.
He said: "This is quite literally the job profile I have written in my mind a thousand times, so the decision to join Neil and Clive was possibly the easiest I have ever made."
Dawson Pickering’s debut work was the first above-the-line campaign for the store package delivery company CollectPlus, run by former Volkswagen marketer Catherine Woolfe, who was Desborough’s client at DDB.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £70,000 - £75,000 per annum, London
- Category Manager - Herbs, Spices & Ready Mixes McCormick Ltd £ Competitive + Benefits , Haddenham, Aylesbury
- Account Director The Great & The Good £45000 - £50000 per annum, West End