Virgin Holidays responds to Three's mock spam apology with 'Don't be sorry' ad
Virgin Holidays has responded to a spoof ad by mobile operator Three that said "Sorry for the holiday spam", with its own jokey campaign telling consumers not to apologise.
Virgin Holiday: tells consumers 'Don't be sorry' after Three ad apologised for holiday spam
Created by M&C Saatchi and Lida, the ad reads, "Don’t be sorry", and tells people that they should take pride in showing off their holiday experiences.
Three’s own tongue-in-cheek campaign launched earlier this month, and said "sorry" to people who were not going on holiday, for being deluged on social media with photos of sunsets, beaches and plane wings.
But Virgin Holiday's ad tells consumers to revel in their holidays. "You look delicious", it says, encouraging them to post pictures on Twitter and other media using the hashtag #ShowOff. The ad will run at Elephant and Castle in London.
Three’s spoof letter read: "We're sorry. Recently, you may have noticed a dramatic rise in sunsets appearing in your social media feed. Sorry for all the sunsets, the fancy cocktails, for plane wing after plane wing after plane wing. Sorry for the mini monuments, the beach feet, the street food, the #nofilters, the hot dog legs."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Retail - London/Greater London - Salary depending on experience Judi Patton depending on experience, Hertfordshire / London (Greater) / London (North), London (Greater) / London (South), London (Gre...
- Brand and Marketing Manager Barclay Meade £35000 - £40000 per annum + Benefits, Southampton