Maxus confirmed as world's fastest growing media agency
Maxus is the world's fastest growing media agency network over the last five years, while sibling MediaCom continues to be the biggest followed by Carat, according to agency evaluators Recma.
Vikram Sakhuja: global CEO of Maxus
WPP's newest media network led by global chief executive Vikram Sakhuja, grew 13.3% in 2013, with global overall activity rising to more than $11 billion according to Recma's annual report.
In its global network Maxus India is the most dominant media agency, while Maxus Belgium is the fastest growing media agency, up 54%, followed by Maxus Canada, up 50%.
In the UK, Maxus can claim to have the most sustained growth of the Top 10 media agencies (20%), propelled by the winning L’Oréal's £135m media account.
Lindsay Pattison, global chief strategy officer and UK chief executive, said: "When WPP decided to set up a fourth network, five years on this is exactly the result they would have hoped for; growth that outstrips our nearest competitor twofold.
"We see our role for clients as ‘leaning into change’ and this approach resonates with clients all around the world, as we help them navigate and exploit the fast-changing media landscape. This Recma data shows the sustained growth Maxus has enjoyed since our inception five years ago and validates our strategy."
After being established in 2008, Maxus now operates in 55 countries and employs 2,500 people. Top spending clients include BT and ABF in the UK, Tata in India, Telecom Italia in Italy and international work for Fiat, Barclays, UPS and Church and Dwight.
Elsewhere, 2013 proved to be a strong year of growth for most media agency networks, with only sixth placed ZenithOptimedia (-6%) and joint ninth seeded Havas Media (-8%) posting falls in the top flight. The fastest growing agency in the UK in 2013 was independent shop the7stars, up 34%.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Fundraising Development Officer Comic Relief From £35,000pa, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Digital Creative Manager UCAS £comp + 25-days leave, flexible benefits and other fringe benefits, including Xmas closure , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Digital Media Manager Save the Children £37,000 + Benefits, London (Greater)
- Consumer Activation Controller Mast-Jaegermeister UK Limited Salary depending on experience. Additional bonus, pension, BUPA, life assurance, 25 days' holiday., Camberley, Surrey
- PR Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £35,000 + Benefits, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)