Unilever seeks to integrate global digital roster
Unilever is understood to be revamping its global digital roster, as part of a strategy to build its integrated agency network.
Keith Weed: chief marketing and communications officer at Unilever
The FMCG giant has hired US-based intermediary MediaLink to handle the review, and will allow roster and non-roster agencies to participate.
Agencies currently on the Unilever digital roster include Ogilvy & Mather, Razorfish, Engine, R/GA, Lowe Profero, Weber Shandwick and Edelman.
Keith Weed, the chief marketing and communications officer at Unilever, hinted at a need to integrate its digital agency network at a debate hosted by The & Partnership and moderated by Campaign’s editor-in-chief, Claire Beale, at Cannes this year.
He said: "Mobile agencies will offer a 110 per cent solution for mobile or social, but what I want is a 110 per cent solution for the brand – even if it’s only 85 per cent mobile."
In a recent piece for Campaign's sister magazine Marketing, Weed also reiterated the need for all agencies to be more integrated. He said agencies needed to "retake the initiative of leading the multi-agency approach, even if all the agencies are not in their holding company".
Weed explained it was to "prioritise the brands’ best interests" and that "building a network of close working relationships [was] required to build brands at scale".
Unilever was unable to comment on the review.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Marketing & Communications Executive AF Selection Up to £25,000, Derbyshire
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Senior Designer Gabriele Skelton Ã‚£40000 per annum, City of London
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)