Irresponsible Jägermeister TV spot banned
The Advertising Standards Authority has ruled that The Red Brick Road's "journey to surf" spot for Jägermeister was irresponsible, following complaints by the Youth Alcohol Advertising Council.
The TV ad broke in February. It features a group of male friends leaving for a road trip in the early hours of the morning before embarking on a series of activities in a snowy mountainous terrain.
These tasks included pushing a truck through a snowdrift and jumping in the ocean.
Later they were shown in a bar where they each received a shot of Jägermeister in a frozen glass and were shown raising their glasses to one another whilst the voiceover stated: "Jägermeister. It runs deep."
The ASA upheld a complaint that the ad linked alcohol with tough daring behaviour and ruled that the ad cannot be shown again in its current form.
However, the ad watchdog dismissed two other complaints that the ad encouraged irresponsible and immoderate drinking and implied that alcohol was key to the social success of occasions.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- PR Assistant / Junior PR Account Executive AF Selection £15,000 - £17,000 depending on experience, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR for Brand Agency - FREELANCE Royds Raphael Day rate c£275-£300, London (Central), London (Greater)